- Summer Reading Club
Children's Summer Reading Club
Starting June 1, register and participate online, at hptx.beanstack.org, for the 2023 Children’s Summer Reading Club.
- Programs are available for ages 0 - 5 and readers in 1st - 6th grades. Teen Summer Reading registration is open to ages 10 and up, if preferred.
- Earn points, badges, and certificates by logging minutes read, activities completed, and events attended.
- You may also pick up a print Summer Reading Log at the Library to keep track of your summer reading activities.
- Earn 150 points to receive a prize and earn a total of 300 points to receive a larger prize and a certificate of completion.
- Log 150 points and Library staff will choose a book to donate in your name to Jonathan's Place, a nonprofit agency that advocates, serves, and empowers children impacted by neglect or unstable living conditions.
Thank you to the Friends of the Highland Park Library for funding the Sharing Literacy book donation program.
The Library would also like to thank the Summer Reading Club sponsor:
- Christine McKenny and Allie Beth Allman and Associates
Earn 25 points towards your reading goal for each event you attend.
Summer Event Schedule
- June 2, 10:00 a.m. - Blackland Prairie Raptor Center
Blackland Prairie Raptor Center will provide a live, outdoor presentation introducing children to the world of raptors. Discover their roles in the food chain, adaptations to hunt, and watch as they demonstrate their unique capabilities.
Registration opens May 3.
- June 23, 10:00 a.m. - Mad Science Show
Everyone is a scientist in this fun and interactive show! Join Mad Science of DFW and participate in this STEM-based presentation, where the audience is needed to make the excitement happen.
Registration opens May 14.
- July 8, 2:00 p.m. - Tech Time
Dream, design and deliver with the Perot Museum's Tech Truck. The Tech Truck's themed come-and-go stations ensures that everyone will get the chance to embrace their creativity and experience the joy of creating something new.
Registration opens June 3.
July 29, 2:00 p.m. - LED Light Show
The LED Light Show, brought to you by world record holder David Slick, is a spectacular performance with music, stunts, and magic! Watch as dazzling designs appear out of the dark and as special glasses diffract light and colors in ways you have never seen before.
Registration opens June 17.
Be sure to sign up for the 2023 Children’s Summer Reading Club at hptx.beanstack.org. Participants can earn 25 points towards their reading goal for each event they attend this summer.