The Highland Park Library offers several streaming services to library card holders that will allow you to borrow digital content. You can borrow movies, music, books, and more! To use these services, please make sure your library card is active and in good standing.
Here is what each service offers:
- rbDigital - Recorded Books offers a wide variety of eAudiobooks, magazines, comics; and now streams AcornTV and Great Courses.
- Overdrive - Download Overdrive’s easy to use app Libby to read eBooks on your mobile device, or simply login to the website to read on your computer.
- PressReader - PressReader has over 7,000 newspapers and magazines available to read, including the Dallas Morning News. This service is free with your library card, and is provided by the generosity of the Highland Park Quality of Life Foundation.
- Hoopla - Hoopla offers movies, music, television shows, comics, eBooks, and eAudiobooks. Temporarily, the four (4) titles a month limit has been eliminated to allow for more check outs.
For more information on the digital services available from the Highland Park Library, visit the Library’s eBooks & More web page or call the Library at 214-559-9400. You must register for each service to connect your HP Library card number and PIN to access the thousands of titles available.
Quick video tutorials on how to set up your account and get started for each of these services can be found on the Library’s Databases web page by clicking the blue "Tutorials" tab on the right side of the screen, and choosing "Library Services" to access the specific tutorials.
For more detailed information about these services and how to use them, please visit the Library’s website. Digital services are a great way to access the content you want, when you want it.
Highland Park Library staff are available by phone and email, Tuesday - Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., during the Library’s temporary closure to assist patrons with their information needs, answer questions about library cards, issue library cards, and offer consultations on accessing digital services.
Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website.
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly.
- By Live Chat on the Library’s Home Page or Welcome Page, Tuesdays - Saturdays from 1:00 - 5:30 p.m.
The Highland Park Library faithfully serves as the community’s Connection to Lifelong Learning.